Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Grammar Checker functions - Ignore once/Next Sentence

Next Sentence does exactly what it says. It will not check further grammar
errors in the same sentence but go on to the next one Many times that will
have the same effect as pressing Ignore Once.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Von Stussi" wrote in message
I do not understand the difference between 2 functions of the Grammar
Checker. They seem identical to me when I proofread a word document.
Nobody
could give me a clear answer until now (MOS expert certified, general
user,
etc.) Can you help?

Office Help Definition
Ignore Once: Clicking Ignore in Word causes the spelling checker to ignore
that instance of the word permanently. In Word, you can make the spelling
checker find ignored words again.

Next Sentence: No definition available or found

My expertise when I apply both function in to copy of the same text

Ignore Once = does not correct the mistake, removes the wavy green
underline.
The mistake does not reappear when I perform a new spell check (unless to
recheck the document)

Next Sentence = does not correct the mistake, removes the wavy green
underline.
The mistake does not reappear when I perform a new spell check (unless to
recheck the document)

Consquently I do not understand where/what is the pratical difference
between these functions and when use one or the other.

Thanks for a little clarity,

Von Stussi