Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default fax wizard

The problem is maintaining the format of the documents if you combine them
to produce a single output. For this I would use MightyFax (though I am sure
others could do it). You create separate faxes on file for each document
then you can create a fax in MightyFax and add the individual files to send
a combined fax. I have only ever had to do this once with some contract
documents but it did the job.

Dan Carroll wrote:
I like this tip, but how do you add another document to be faxed to
you Word cover sheet template. I am looking for an easy (elegant)
solution. I know I can send faxes from Outlook and send multiple
documents as attachements. The one thing that I can not do with the
Fax Wizard though is to use (or make) additional Recipient fields
beyond the 2 that the wizard (and cover sheet) allow -- the name and
fax number. I need to be able to add Company Name, Job Number,
Project Name, etc. to the Recipient information on the cover sheet.
Any ideas? I was thinking about creating a stand-alone app but am
looking to see if any other ideas surface.

Thanks, Dan Carroll

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I always found the fax wizard too much trouble. You may (as I did)
find it simpler to create a template for your faxes, then use the
method at http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm to send fax
documents produced from it (or any other document for that matter).
Good

Dan wrote:
i recently upgraded to Word 2003. i have been using the fax wizrd
successfully for years. now when i start the fax wizard and click
next it opens a blank page and exits. previously it walked me
through selecting a template, selecting recipents and sender. i
would type my fax and it would send it. if i manually slect a
template and manually fill it out then use send to and select a
recipent, for my address book every thing works fine. so i know
that microsoft fax is installed and working. i have tried using
help and nothing it suggests seems to work either. What am i
missing?