dansaic

I thought it might be something along those lines, but once you've chosen a
number style for level 1 (i.e. 1, 2, 3 as opposed to a, b, c) you can't
change it for the lower levels?

(And sadly it is likely to be as many as 7 numbers deep, but I tried it for
a simpler structure and the problem's the same).

I'm guessing I'm gonna be stuck with manually restarting the lettering each
time!

Cheers anyway

"Margaret Aldis" wrote:

You need to make your lettered paragraph style part of the same numbering
scheme as the outline headings, using a level below the lowest numbered
heading (which I would hope is no more than 4 numbers deep!). To do this you
must link the numbering level to the paragraph style by working from the
*top level* style, not from your lettered paragraph style.

For full instructions on setting up outline numbering see:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

For more information about restarting numbering automatically after
higher-level styles see:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Number...tFromStyle.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"dansaic" wrote in message
I have a set of outline numbered heading styles defined (1.1, 1.1.1,

1.1.1.1
etc) and a style defined for the main body text which letters paragraphs

a,
b, c etc. How do I make the lettering restart at "a" after any numbered
heading - currently the lettering just continues the previous list unless

manually select "restart numbering" each time.