Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Portrait Page Numbers on Landscape Pages

This is strange. If you want to, I can take a look at the file. Send it to
.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
Yes.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Did you take into account the dimensions of the text box (since absolute
positions refer to the edge of the text box, not to its center)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
Yes

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Did you remember to set the text box margins to zero?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
For Word 2007, I'm encountering a problem inserting portrait page
numbers
on
landscape pages. I break the link to previous and insert a text
box.
have
inserted the page number and have changed the text position to be
vertical.
However, I cannot get the position of the textbox to be exact (.75"
from
the
left page edge, centered between the top & bottom margin).

I've used the Format Textbox option, Layout/advanced option, picture
position. I've tried all the obvious options to get it right (i.e.
horizontal/absolute position=.75" to the right of page and
vertical/alignment
centered relative to margin, and many other combinations for
horizontal
and
vertical alignment). However, none seem to work and the page
numbers
won't
align with the surrounding portrait pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions?