Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Comment text aligning right??

From your description, it certainly seems as if the issue has something to
do with text direction and languages, but I have had no direct experience of
right-to-left formatting so I can't really advise further on this. :-(

FWIW, for general information on language formatting, see
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

If the issue is only with a particular file, have you tried copying the
whole document except for the final paragraph mark (¶) into a new file?

To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kristin" wrote in message
The only language enabled is U.S. English.

I've noted a bit more information. 1) If I open a comment and cut and
paste
text in, the comment aligns correctly. 2) The text of the comment aligns
right but reads correctly when I click out of the comment, but only if I
don't use punctuation. If I use the punctuation, that makes it start a
new
line, putting the text out of order. 3) Similarly, if I pause too long
in
my typing, the new text gets placed out of order (to the left of the
earlier
text).

So it might read:

.This is my
'm not sure why it comment I
does this

Instead of "This is my comment. I'm not sure why it does this"

Thanks for your help.

Kristin

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Make sure that you haven't enabled a right-to-left language.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kristin" wrote in message
The text in the comments I'm adding to a document is aligning on the
right
(i.e., my name is on the right and the comments are coming out to the
left
of
that. This causes weird word order in long comments.

So, for example, a comment looks like:

This paragraph is :[KK]Comment
The readers should know .extraneous
.this