Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Not Able to Move Indent Markers

If this is style-based numbering, modify the numbering (including
indentation) via the Modify Style dialog box. In the dialog box, click
Format, and then click Numbering.

To open the dialog, you can right-click the style name in the Styles and
Formatting pane (Format | Styles and Formatting) and choose Modify from the
context menu.

If you didn't use styles to create numbering, place the insertion point in
the first level 1 paragraph of your list. Click Format | Bullets and
Formatting. Click the Customize button. Change the values for "Number
position," "Aligned at," "Tab space after" and so forth. See also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Susan" wrote in message
I have Word 2003. I am trying to move my bullets to a different mark on
the
ruler, but both indentation markers seem to be frozen and won't move at
all.

Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that the safest approach to change the indentation of numbered lists
is
via the numbering options.

Which version of Word are you using?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Susan" wrote in message
Hello!

For some reason, when I insert a bulleted list into my document, my
indent
markers on the ruler are frozen. Any idea as to why I am not able to
move
them? Please advise.

Thanks!

.