Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
frank

Default Mail Merge Numeric Merge Fields

Hi Patti:

I too have has this problem in the past with no resolution - I am on Word
XP. I guess this was a problem in earlier versions also, don't know about
2003.
What I figured out is that if the cents are 10,30,50,70, or 90 it fails. If
00,20,40,60, or 80 all is good. What word did in your case was:
take the 3 before the decimal add it to the 5 after the decimal, place it
(8) before the decimal and get rid of the cents. I've verified this for all
of the odd occurences.

What I had to do was to add a string field to my datasource and keep it
updated with the edited value and use this field in my merge. I don't know
if this is a solution for you though. It would have been easier if there was
an MS fix.

Frank

"Patti - Hexagon" wrote in message
I am doing a mail merge document based on a Microsoft Query from a Great
Plains table. I am trying to format the number 44,873.50 in Word as
$44,873.50. My merge field code is {MERGEFIELD "DOCAMNT"\# $#,###.00}.

When
I run the mail merge, it comes in as $44,878.00. Why is it rounding or

not
bringing in the cents?

This code works fine for whole dollar amounts. What am I doing wrong?

Patti