Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
grinny grinny is offline

Default Outline View - Outline Level pulldown does not format text

Using Office Word 2003 SP2, MS Office Basic Edition, XP Professional.

I'm learning to use Outline View, reworking an existing document. I do not
get expected text formatting when I use the Outline Level pulldown box to
apply a level setting to text originally formatted as Body Text. To get the
formatting I want I must use the Promote to Heading 1 arrow and then Demote
arrow.

Am I missing something, or is this the way things are? Or, is it just our
own very special version of Word that works this way?

Thanks to all you MVPs! I've learned a lot from these discussion groups.
--
Grinny