Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Oldsfan Oldsfan is offline

Default Suppressing blank lines in a mailing label in Word 2007

I have been trying unsuccessfully for days to eliminate the blank line on a
merged mailing label because the "Address 2" field is blank. Even though the
Mail Merge Helper is marked to suppress blank lines, it doesn't do it. I was
able to use the if...then...otherwise rule to eliminate the extra space due
to the lack of a middle initial, but I have been unable to apply it to this
blank field. I have also tried alt+F9 to put the code in myself, but have
been unsuccessful. This shouldn't have to be this hard just to print a
decent looking mailing label. If I use the rule - If Address 2 is blank,
then "what?", otherwise "what?"?