Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MGEAdmin MGEAdmin is offline

Default Non-breaking space in a merge.

Using an excel data file it will allow me to change my spaces in Excel but
once I attach the data source to the Main Document and merge the file I lose
the non-breaking space still. Is this because I am using an Excel data source?

"macropod" wrote:

Hi MGEAdmin,

You'll need to change the data source - Excel should allow you to replace your existing spaces (Chr 32) with a non-breaking space
(Chr 160).

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"MGEAdmin" wrote in message ...
How to you code a merge field to change spaces to non-breaking spaces in the
variable text (coming from an Excel Spreadsheet where it won't let you insert
non-breaking spaces)?