Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Protecting sub docs within a master

I would avoid the use of Master document like the plague!
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm
In what way do you wish to search the documents? As in search and replace?
If that's the case put them all in a separate folder and see the following
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm

Bodye wrote:
Hi all,

I have about 70 word documents that I want to link together as sub
documents under a master doc. I want to do this so that I can search
for specific words within these 70 docs.

However, I want to make sure that these documents can't be
accidentally altered while they are all linked under the master. Is
there a way to protect them from alteration?

I can't PDF all the docs into one because the 70 docs are reguarly
changing and the PDF would quickly be out of date.

Thanks,
Bodye