Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keith G Hicks Keith G Hicks is offline

Default hiding the envelope page in a template file

I'll try this again. I think I wasn't clear enough.

I simply need to modify a dot template that someone else created. He passed
away several years ago. I cannot contact him for help as I'm not a medium
(LOL). I'm not very familiar with this side of MS Word. This dot file
(called ssforms.dot) is stored in each users "Documents and
Settings\user\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Word\Sta rtup" folder. I'm not
changing normal.dot (in which lots of other autotext was set up). All I'd
like to do is to remove a few blank lines that are above a logo in the
return address and ideally change the envelope margins. That's it. I figured
I can open up (not create a new doc from the template) the dot file, show
the envelope, edit it, somehow hide the envelope and then save and close the
dot file. I need some clear instructions on how this can be done. Any
specific help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

"Keith G Hicks" wrote in message
I've already been through

http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm
and it was helpful but it's not giving me what I need.

I have an existing dot (note, "dot" not "doc") file for a client that a
previous programmer set up. It has a logo and return address in the
envelope template. I need to adjust the margins of the envelope and move

the
logo up and over. I can do all that without any problem. I go to Tools-
Letters & Mailings - Envelopes & Labels and then click the "Add to
Document" button and make the appropriate changes. How do I hide the

envelpe
from the template once I've updated its layout? I don't want it to appear
each time the template is used to create a document.

Thanks,

Keith