Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snowboard_heath[_2_] snowboard_heath[_2_] is offline

Default Header and Footer HELP!

I managed to get the page number to start counting at the 3rd page as #1
which is what i wanted but even with the section breaks, a footer still
appears on the first 2 pages. Why? and in the page numbering it is still
counting the first to pages so instead of 1 of 2 it is displaying 1 of 4.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

To exclude any more than one page from the numbering, you have to insert a
section break before the first numbered page, and turn off the Same As
Previous setting in the footer (and maybe the header) of the second section.
Then you can have a different -- possibly empty -- footer in the first
section, and restart numbering in the second section.

Read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rontMatter.htm for
specific instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

snowboard_heath wrote:
i know how to make a footer but i have always had the problem of it
not being able to start on the page i want it too. I have a Title
Page and Table of contents, both of which i do not want the footer on
nor do i want them counted in the page numbers and i don't know how
to do that. I want the footer to START on the 3rd page, and on that
3rd page i want it to start as Page 1 of 5 and then Page 2 of 5 etc.

I can only get the footer to not appear on the first page so i'm just
wondering how i can also not get it to appear on my second page
aswell, the table of contents.

Thanks!!!