Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Repeating an entry from a content control

Lisa,

I'm well aware that cross-reference fields don't update automatically. :-)

However, on my system, I can't add a bookmark around a date picker
content control; the Insert tab | Bookmark option is grayed out.

Using OLE would work, of course (though I haven't tested it myself).
Even more options for "repeating data" can be found in Greg Maxey's
article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_p...ting_data.html.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-08-27 12:05, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Note that bookmarking doesn't work with all types of content
controls. In particular, it doesn't seem to work with date picker
controls. STYLEREF will work, though.

bookmarking works also with date picker control. However, the field
will not update immediately. You have to press F9 or switch to Print
Preview.

The 4th alternative could be: Copy the picker content control. Then
paste special as link, and as unformatted text. A LINK field will be
created (instead of REF), that is updated automatically, when changing
the date.