Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2000 new installation oddities

Possibly so; I won't swear to this. I usually don't customize Windows
display fonts--wouldn't notice the difference between Microsoft Sans Serif
and Tahoma, for example.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Suzanne, thanks for the spedy reply.

Word seems to be pretty autonomous in this regard. I believe it uses
Tahoma regardless of your Windows display settings.

It seems very strange that I never noticed it on the old installation! In
fact, I could have sworn that there - and on the new PC until just a few
hours ago - that text was in a very different, serif, font...

Bert