Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
francine francine is offline

Default Quick Access Toolbar loses non-Microsoft buttons

Hi again, Bob:

You asked me: "Are the items that you're adding tied to macros from the
add-ins?"

I have no doubt that with some of the add-ins that there are macros tied to
them/it.
Does this change anything you have told me or is there something additional
I should consider because of this?

Thanks again
Francine

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Francine,

If you don't have .QAT as a file type association in Windows, set to open in IE or an editor program, you may want to make a copy of
the Word.QAT file and add .xml to the name (Word.QAT.xml) and then open it with Internet Explorer. It will list the controls
(buttons) in the QAT in a structured, printable format.

mso:NameofCommand entries are MS Office built in.
msox: are separators of QAT groups.
x1: would be 1st external (add-in) linked item
x2: the next item

The tests would be to see if
(a) The expected entries are there and how they are constructed, compared to other entries). [Word can erase or modify entries
that don't conform].

(b) In each QAT entry is visible= set to "true"
(there are several not-visible (false) entries in a default QAT that could be context sensitive.

(c) Check to see if the entries are in the
mso:sharedControls section of the QAT or another section.

(d) Check the date and time before you start Word, after you add your buttons and close Word then again after close Word after not
making changes and seeing if your entries are still there.

Are the items that you're adding tied to macros from the add-ins?

================
"Francine" wrote in message ...
Bob:

One more thing. I decided to test this with my own personal computer before
I get into my client's office. I searched for the Word.QAT, of course, found
it. When I double-click to open it and select IE per your suggestion, it
looks like it is about it open it, but then I get into this loop of whether I
want to OPEN or SAVE the file over and over again - never opening up the
file. I did add a few more buttons to my own QAT and then closed Word, so it
wasn't open when I tried.

Any suggestions?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)