Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ned Ned is offline

Default Office "configures" every time on startup, says Error 1907. Help?

My new Office Home and Student 2007 configures itself again every time I open
the program, and each time it stops the configuration and says "Error 1907"
(which has something to do with permission to use a font). It gives this
message 3 times during the configuration process, and each time I select the
"Ignore" option ("cancel" starts the configuration alll over again and
"retry" gets me nowhere). After this, the program starts and seems to work
okay. The next time I open Office, the whole problem starts again. Any
suggestions? Is the program disk just a bad copy?