Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Problem joining tables

In message of Fri, 24 Oct 2008
05:34:55 in microsoft.public.word.tables, Doug Robbins - Word MVP
writes
Try using:

Dim arange As Range
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
Do While .Execute(FindText:="FD", MatchWildcards:=False,
MatchCase:=True, _
Wrap:=wdFindStop, Forward:=True) = True
Set arange = Selection.Paragraphs(1).Range
arange.Delete
Loop
End With

That is wonderful! Much more elegant than my efforts.

I still do not understand what is going on. In some circumstances
deleting the paragraph from
table1
paragraph
table2

results in
table3
where table1 has table2 welded to it to form table3.
In others it results in
table1
table2
where table1 is followed by table2 without any weld.

What are the criteria for Word welding the two tables?

(I test that rows are in the same table by doing table
properties/row/next row in the last row of table1.
If the two tables weld, next row crosses to the first row of table2; if
they merely follow, next row goes to the first row of table1.)

I can probably live with separate adjacent tables rather than welded
tables. However, I am frustrated at my lack of understanding.
--
Walter Briscoe