garfield-n-odie

Start Word and click on Tools | Options | File Locations. The folder
designated for "User Templates" will be where your normal.dot template
is located. Normal.dot is a hidden file in Word 2002 and 2003. Open
the normal.dot file. Click on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole
document | OK. Type a character or two and delete what you just typed.
Save the normal.dot file and close it.

Trishak wrote:

I was creating a document as normal and some how or another I have two
columns all the time now. When I go to create a new document (everytime) I
get an automatic two column format. I don't know what I accidentially touched
to create this problem. All I want is a normal 6.5" margin setting. Plus, at
the same time this occurred my text wrap around function was turned off.
Thank you in advance for your help. Trisha