Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default TOC formatting problem

Provided your TOC styles are still set to update automatically (as they are
by default), changes you make to paragraph formatting should be propagated
to the style. In my experience, this isn't always true of font formatting.
It may be necessary to explicitly modify the style(s) in order to make these
changes.

"Keith" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have formatted my TOC with a single-level single style, added
numbering and borders, and changed to all-upper case. Then, as
changes are made to the document, I go back to the TOC and do update
field\update entire table. It updates the page number but all my nice
formatting is gone!!!!