Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Angel Word Angel is offline

Default keeping TOC & Index as separate updates, in separate sections

On Jan 20, 5:53*pm, Twishlist
wrote:
When I update the Index (made of of bookmarks) the TOC (Heading from Outline)
automatically updates as well and joins to the top column 1 of the index.
I am able to update TOC without if effecting the Index, but not the other
way around. *If I click on the index, the shading takes inthe TOC (separated
by a section break) as well.
How do I ensure that the TOC & the Index work as as separate & distinct
items in the document?

Turn on your paragraph marker so you can see if there is a paragraph
mark separating the TOC and the Index. If there is, highlight that
paragraph and clear the formatting from it.
If there isn't a paragraph mark, hit enter after the last line of the
TOC and then clear the formatting.

Word 2003: Edit clear formats
Word 2007: Home tab Font group Clear formatting button (two letter
A's with a piece of chalk)

Hope that helps!

Angel Bivins

www.wordangel.com