That guy.

Default Simple way of banishing Full Screen toolbar?

In Word XP when you are in Full Screen mode there is this little toolbar or
message box that says Full Screen / Close Full Screen. I read on a MVPS
site a way of getting rid of it using a macro but either the directions
weren't clear (imagine that on a Windows related help site!) or I just can't
understand their English. Is there a simple way of doing this without using
a macro? When they make it difficult for newbies (and we're all newbies at
some point) they just stop so many people from enjoying their computer and
taking it to the next level of customization. Pity. Suggestions?