That guy.

Extremely well said. Just wish you had happened to mention how to get rid
of it!

Sad to say that you used to be able to dismiss it permanently prior to

Word
XP. Seems that so many users complained that they had accidentally lost it
by clicking the little X and were stuck in FSV so had to call Microsoft,
being unable to read that the shortcut for exiting FSV (and Print Preview)
is the Escape key! The punishment is that the rest of the 300 Million Word
users who never used the FSV Toolbar and find it the Fifth Horseman of the
Apocalypse now have to go to ridiculous lengths to dismiss a tiny little
Toolbar that neither goes away or remains static when ordered!

: In Word XP when you are in Full Screen mode there is this little toolbar
: or message box that says Full Screen / Close Full Screen. I read on a
: MVPS site a way of getting rid of it using a macro but either the
: directions weren't clear (imagine that on a Windows related help site!)

or
: I just can't understand their English. Is there a simple way of doing

this
: without using a macro? When they make it difficult for newbies (and
: we're all newbies at some point) they just stop so many people from
: enjoying their computer and taking it to the next level of

customization.
: Pity. Suggestions?