Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles thiesen charles thiesen is offline

Default repeating repagination

I'm not sure this belongs here. Re-route me if you like.

I'm working on a large but not very complex document in Word 2003. I work
in Print Layout view. Word regularly repaginates the document and once it
starts repaginating it does it over and over for what feels like a long
time. It's a significant, and seemingly unnecessary interruption.

The message says press escape to stop, but if I do it tells me it won't be
able to display in print layout view. Once I said okay and Word crashed
completely and I lost a bunch of work.

I'd be grateful for any help.

thanks,
- charles