WordCrisis

Default Styles with the font of the underlying paragraph style

Dear Helpful Persons,

I have been using a style certain style sheet on many documents. The concept
has been that when the text is marked up, programs can subsequently come
along and find the marked-up text and capture it. I have been using character
styles that are set to the font of the underlying paragraph style + changing
the font colour so that the people working on the documents can see what
parts they have marked up.

I am now finding documents such that when these styles are applied, they
seem to change the font to the default paragraph font for the document, and
all formatting information (bold, ital etc) is lost. It appears to only
happen in certain documents as opposed to certaim machines so I am thinking
it must be a document setting, but I can't think what it might be. Any ideas?

TIA,
Tim