Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yellowhouse1976 yellowhouse1976 is offline

Default Resizing and Printing documents on US 'Letter Size'

Hi Terry

I am using Office 2003 with SP3.

Maybe I did not explain properly. I have no choice but to print the document
on 'letter' as this is what my client in the US wants me to do. It's a long
and boring story but the bottom line is I have no choice.

The orginal document was obviously set up in A4 being that I work in the UK.
When i was told i needed to print on 'letter' I made second version of the
document so that it was seperate from my orginal A4 version.

I have tried printing from the A4 version and scaling it to 'letter' through
the printer settings but that doesnt work properly either.

Where is this 'scale content for 8.5 x 11" paper size' option that you
mention please?

Thanks

Jude

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

You should have come here first. You don't say which version of Word you are
using, but the last few versions have all had 'Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x
11" paper sizes' (or similar wording). Sourcing Letter size paper and doing
what you are attempting sound excruciating. All you need is to set that
option (which should be by default) and print to A4 stock.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"yellowhouse1976" wrote in
message ...
Hi

Help needed please. I am in the UK and normally only work with UK A4
documents. I have to print some manuals on the US Letter size paper which
understand is 8.5" x 11". I have sourced some paper and I re-formatted
the
document to 'letter size' but it just wont print properly. I have made
sure
that the printer is set to 'letter size' as well.

The bottom footer is really close the bottom of the page and headers on
the
ladscape pages keep being cut off. I have played around with the margins
and
headers and footer measurements but it still wont print properly.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

jude