Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Converet plain text to table

This works for me provided I remember to check the "Use wildcards" box.

"geotso" wrote in message
then, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" climbed to the rostrum and said:
I would start by using wildcards to replace any number of spaces with a
tab,

And what is the expression for this, please?
I've tried " {2,}" (no quotes - starting empty space) and Word (2007)
warns me that the expression is not valid.

then use Table | Convert | Table to Text, separating at tabs. If the
Replace
operation results in multiple tabs between elements, replace those with a
single tab before converting.

Once again, what is the expression for "multiple tabs"?
I've tried "^t{2,}" (no quotes) with the same as above results...

Thank you very much