Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007

The free starter edition of the Patrick's customizer does what you want -
though whether having those menus available is worth doing is another
matter. While I can see why you would be irritated that you have to learn
new ways of doing things, in the end it is easier to do that than to try and
cobble the new version to work like the old - which it isn't going to do
successfully. When you have done that, you will no doubt see the merits of
buying Patrick's customizer.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

clbuck29 wrote:
Well That is very unfortunate. I can't believe that I would have to
purchase additional products to support what I have already spent to
have Word in the first place.

Word doesn' t offer a way to restore the user interface of previous
versions, if that's what you are asking. But you can use an add-in.
See http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"clbuck29" wrote:

In the 2007 format of Word the standard menu bar that included the
file, edit, view, etc menus doesn't seem to be available is there a
configuration that can be modified to bring this menu bar back to
Word 2007? --
clbuck29