Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Problem with Footnotes

If you're saying you want to *repeat* note 3 on page 16, then no, there is
no way to do this. What you have to do in this case is insert a new footnote
(with a new number) and say "Op. cit., n. 3," where the 3 can be a
cross-reference (not formatted) to the original footnote.

If you want to repeat the entire text of footnote 3, then you'll need to
bookmark that text and insert a cross-reference to the bookmark text.

"Nick Cumberbatch" wrote in message
This does not address the problem
Consider this:
For example I insert footnote #3 at the end of a sentence on page 5. I
continue typing my document. I get to page 16 and would like to make
another reference to footnote #3.

Now if I do Insert/Reference/Cross Ref: Footnote number
formatted...........I will end up with footnote number 3 being inserted in
the text on page 16

But at the bottom of page 16 there is no reference. So I would have a
footnote #3 in my text on page 16 but noting at the bottom of the page.

Is there a way to use a footnote to refer to footnote #3

I hope that I have explained this problem clearly this time

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Insert | Reference | Cross-reference to Footnote: Footnote number
(formatted).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Nick Cumberbatch" wrote in message
I am working on long report. I used a footnote on page 5. Now I am on

page
16 and would like to refer to the same footnote. How do I do this. I

tried
using the cross reference feature but there is no reference on the

bottom
of
page 16