Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default hanging indents in tables

Well, to begin with, if you're creating hanging indents with tab characters,
you're not actually using hanging indents. To do that, you need to set a
hanging indent in the Format Paragraph dialog or by dragging the Hanging
Indent marker on the ruler (or using Ctrl+T). You can do this in tables as
easily as in regular text. If what you mean is that you have created list
items with graduated left indents, then you can still do this in a table,
too, though it will be easier if you're applying styles that are linked to
an outline-numbered list.

"Cathie100" wrote in message
I have MS Word 2002. I created a list of items which have varying levels

of
hanging indents. I create the hanging indents by tabbing the second line

of
each item until the second line indents where I want it. When I try to
convert this text to a table, I lose the first tab and the hanging

indents.
Then, I also can't create hanging indents in the table rows.

When I create this doc in Wordperfect 10 and convert the text to a table,

keep all the hanging indents. Then, when I pull this doc into Word, I also
keep the hanging indents in the tables. Creating the hanging indents is

also
easier and faster (fewer keystrokes or clicks) in Wordperfect. However, if

convert the doc to Word, I can't figure out how to do more hanging indents

in
the table if I decide to do later revisions. I would keep the doc in WP

until
I am ready to go with a final version but I still wish I could work with

the
hanging indents in Word if I need to.

I'm working with someone who only uses WPerfect and I want to be able to
convert their text list into a table with hanging indents. I seem to be

able
to do it in Wordperfect but not in Word unless I do all the formatting in
Wordperfect and then convert the doc to Word.

Help! Any easy way to convert this work so I don't lose the indenting the
original writer does? Also, any easy way to do hanging indents in Word

tables?

Thanks.