Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

Default Copy/paste from IE8

After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an XP Pro system.
I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web page, copy it, then paste
it into a Word doc - now when I do that I get the "hourglass" for a moment
but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Perplexed" wrote:

After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an XP Pro system.
I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web page, copy it, then paste
it into a Word doc - now when I do that I get the "hourglass" for a moment
but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?

I should add it was IE7 that I was able to copy/paste from.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

Specifically, I first noticed it on Citi CC bill pay. If I just "Print
Preview" the page I only get the minimal verification info from the innermost
frame. If I "Screen Shot" I get a lot of extraneous stuff, or things cut off.
I have been able to copy from a few sites but not from others, and not just
€śsecure sites€ť.
Might this be some new feature of IE8, maybe having to do with
€śAccelerators€ť or €śSearch€ť? (PS How do you disable Search? Its a major PITA
when trying to navigate folders, etc.) Or some sort of security feature?

If you remove IE8, does it revert to 7?

Perplexed wrote:
After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an XP
Pro system. I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web page,
copy it, then paste it into a Word doc - now when I do that I get
the "hourglass" for a moment but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

Try copy and pasting part of this one: