Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Joel

Default Continuing footnotes from previous section

I'm using Word 2003 and I have each chapter separated by section breaks. For
one chapter I have another section within it as I need one page to have be in
landscape whilst leaving the others in portrait format.

The problem arises in this chapter because the footnotes do not continue on
from the previous section. I attempt to start this section with the number
that it's supposed to continue with (e.g. 58) and choose continous. However
it simply adds this number to all previous footnotes in the enitre document
(116) and I get 174 instead of 58.

Is this a limitation of Word and section breaks?

Would appreaciate any feedback.