Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiMi

Default How to delete a systems folder?

I was cleaning my pc one day and when I finished I discovered a new icon and
a number 5. I've never seen the icon before on my pc. It kind of looks like
the printer icon. Our IS team cannot help me. When I open microsoft word
and go to Look In: this icon5 comes up under systems folder under My Network
Places. I tried to delete it, but it won't go away. I was able to delete
just the icon, but the folder is still there.

Normally I open word, go to Look In: click on the V drive, then click on my
name folder, then all of my folders come up.

Now, I go to Look In: clikd on V drive, then click on my name folder, then
this icon5 comes up with all of my files below it. If I save under this icon
5 thing, then my files won't be updated in my regular v drive.

In other words the icon 5 is jumping into the v drive place. I'm not very
computer savvy, and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?