Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dale

Default Address Simulation Report trouble

Helo all,

Could someone help me?

I create a Address Simulation Report for all the mailmerges I do. I choose
a representative sample of the mailmerge data using the MOD function.

I have the following which works as far as it goes. I'd like to choose
also the very last record of any data file I attach to. I've tried
searching the web but I can't seem to find any more complex examples than
just SELECT * FROM XXX. I've also tried several trial and error solutions
but I just can't seem to make it work properly.

' open connection to populate RecordCount
With Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeOpenDataSource)
.Name = "J:\ML\" & PATH & "\ADR\" & FileName
.Execute

RecordCount = ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.RecordCount
'determine total records in the data
temp = RecordCount / numLabels ' numLabels = number of address
simulations I want to generate
Divisor = Int(temp)

End With 'end of open data

With Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeOpenDataSource)
.Name = "J:\ML\" & PATH & "\ADR\" & FileName

' choose every (pc_no_seg MOD " & Divisor & " = 1) record. pc_no_seg is
a sequential number in the data
myQuery = "SELECT * FROM " & FileName & " WHERE (pc_no_seg MOD " &
Divisor & " = 1)" ' WORKS but I want to select the LAST record also.
.SQLStatement = myQuery

.Execute

End With 'end of open data

How would I modify this SQLStatement to include the very last record?

Thanx
Dale Jones