Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pheasant Plucker®

Default Text spread across cells in a table?

Hi there,

I have a Word document which contains four rows each of 6 cells in a table.

These have borders so they appear like cells in which the Technician has to
enter (by hand with a pen on his hard copy:-) either a tick, cross or
number.

So far so good...

But I want to overlay some text across these 6 cells in a ghosted or light
grey colour to use as a prompt or reminder for what should be written in
each row.

The problem is I can type text into each cell independently but I can't seem
to have this text spread across all 6 cells.

For example I want the words Flavour Set spread across all 6 cells in the
first row, Temperature spread across all 6 cells in the second row and so
on.

Is this even possible in either Word 2000 or 2003?

Thanks & regards,
-=pp=-