Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lemony Lemony is offline

Default Word Document extension - .docx

I have Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student, and the Vista operating
system. All Word documents carry the extension ".docx" (as opposed to ".doc"
which is what I am used to in Word). I've discovered that the ".docx" is not
supported by any other generation or version of Microsoft and nobody can open
my Word Documents on their computers. Is there a way to make my Word
documents openable by other Microsoft Word generations or versions? By the
way, I'm having the same problem with my excel (".xlsx") documents too.