PensCrazy

Default Why can't I delete text in a document (not read-only)

We have gotten new computers, loaded with Microsoft Office Word 2003. When
working with files that were previously saved, we are unable to select text
and then, using the delete button, remove the text from the document. Word
will only allow us to "cut" the text to the clipboard.

A small dialogue appears in the lower left hand of screen that reads "Delete
block" with No (Yes) after it. It appears that the (Yes) is selected, and
might be creating the problem. If so, how does one switch it to No?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SportsterGuy

I had the same issue. My IT guys were advising I uninstall and reinstall
Office 2003 because they couldn't figure it out. This fix is the ticket.
Thanks.

PensCrazy wrote:
We have gotten new computers, loaded with Microsoft Office Word 2003.
When working with files that were previously saved, we are unable to
select text and then, using the delete button, remove the text from
the document. Word will only allow us to "cut" the text to the
clipboard.

A small dialogue appears in the lower left hand of screen that reads
"Delete block" with No (Yes) after it. It appears that the (Yes) is
selected, and might be creating the problem. If so, how does one
switch it to No?

Delete section breaks at end of word document Chris O. Page Layout 7 October 4th 06 09:24 AM
Formating Text changes formating of entire document Ritesh Kumar Microsoft Word Help 1 July 6th 05 11:55 PM
script language in header/footer inadmissible3 Page Layout 12 May 4th 05 03:24 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Insert, edit and delete text in protected document homeofbonnie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 02:31 PM