Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ni

Default Indexing Hyperlinks

Hi.
I need to make an index of all hyperlinks existing in my doc, but I'm having
a lot of trouble doing it.
Is there any way to view them all, select them and copy? If so I would be
able to paste them all like a list.
Thank you.
Best regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are two ways to do this, depending on how your hyperlinks are
formatted and what information you want to copy:

1. If the hyperlinks are formatted with the Hyperlink character style (by
default, this is blue and underlined), use Edit | Find (Ctrl+F) to search
for the Hyperlink format. You do this by clicking More to expand the dialog,
then choosing Format | Style | Hyperlink. Leave the "Find what" box empty
and check the box for "Highlight all items found." When the Find operation
is complete, all the hyperlinks will be selected. Click carefully in the
document to avoid deselecting them (this may take some practice), and press
Ctrl+C to copy, then Ctrl+V to paste into another document or location.

2. If some or all of the hyperlinks are not formatted with the Hyperlink
character style, or if the display text is different from the underlying
hyperlink, press Alt+F9 to display field codes. Then use Find to search for
^19 HYPERLINK and highlight all items found, and copy/paste the selected
text to another document or location. You may then want to use Find and
Replace to clean up the resulting list, removing the "HYPERLINK" text and
quotes.

"Ni" wrote in message
Hi.
I need to make an index of all hyperlinks existing in my doc, but I'm

having
a lot of trouble doing it.
Is there any way to view them all, select them and copy? If so I would be
able to paste them all like a list.
Thank you.
Best regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ni

Suzanne, you're a sweetheart!
Thank you very much for your great help.