Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
private private is offline

Default how do i separate a document without copying & pasting into a new

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Copy the file with a new name, delete out what you don't want.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
private private is offline

Default how do i separate a document without copying & pasting into a

There's 323 pages in the document - nearly all pages have to be separated
into a different document and re-saved.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Copy the file with a new name, delete out what you don't want.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You've got a big job ahead of you. I don't know of any way to do it easily
but some of the others might know of some VBA magic that could.

Did you check the archives of this group? I'm sure that someone else has had
a similar task.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Copy the file with a new name, delete out what you don't want.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good luck. And in the meantime, you might want to start copying and pasting,
just in case.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"private" wrote in message
Will Do.
Thanks

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Copy the file with a new name, delete out what you don't want.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Although the Master Document feature isn't normally recommended for its
intended purpose it may be appropriate in this case - I have done enough of
this to know that it [usually] works, but before you attempt it you might
want to wait to see if any of the MVPs with more in-depth experience have
some input/caveats re the idea. Also, it's wise to have a backup if you do
proceed

If each part of the long doc has a 'title' formatted with the same heading
style or assigned the same [Outline] Level# ...

If you switch to Outline View, select each part of the doc one at a time
(using the hollow plus/minus sign adjacent to its first line - I believe it
will also work if you select all portions by shift-clicking)) & click the
Create Subdocument button on the Master Document toolbar. It will generate a
new doc using the first line content as the file name. Once done *save* the
long doc - which saves the subs), then *undo* everything in the undo list &
close. The subdocs will be deposited in the same folder as the original &
the original should be unnaffected.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones