Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snah snah is offline

Default Word 2007 - Group an image with ballon text

Is it possible to group an image with balloon text.
I have always the problem to keep my ballon text with images.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You might find it a lot simpler to edit the images externally from Word to
include balloon texts. SnagIt (there is a demo) makes this sort of thing
child's play. You'll find countless examples in the Word pages on my web
site.

snah wrote:
Is it possible to group an image with balloon text.
I have always the problem to keep my ballon text with images.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snah snah is offline

Thank you Your site is very helpful.
Where can I find those examples in the Word pages ?

Problem is that the text in ballon text will be often changed.
For my DOC is quicker to have all text editable in Word - also Baloon Text
Field.

snah wrote:
Is it possible to group an image with balloon text.
I have always the problem to keep my ballon text with images.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have a copy of the image without the balloon text it is simple enough
to add a new balloon and replace the graphic in the document (which is what
I do when revising my web pages) I posted some changes this morning which
have some new graphics (screen captures) with balloon text -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

snah wrote:
Is it possible to group an image with balloon text.
I have always the problem to keep my ballon text with images.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snah snah is offline

I am starting to write a larger documentation (about 200 pages with images
and balloon text)
What do you think - make it sence to store images as an external file in
separate folder like You write in your tutorial here?
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Thanks Graham

Best regards Jan

snah wrote:
Is it possible to group an image with balloon text.
I have always the problem to keep my ballon text with images.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The web page demonstrates the insertion of graphics from file for an
entirely different process, I gave the link to demonstrate the balloon
call-outs. However, having the graphics on file and linking them to the
document rather than embedded in it is the better way forward. This will
make it simpler to make a change by editing the graphic and updating the
field.