Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big-dog1965 Big-dog1965 is offline

Default Source code for word created web page

Before hand I know word stinks for creating web pages, but the situation
calls for it.
I have been trying to find out where I could set the default coding for a
word webpage. I thought I would get tricky and put the stuff in the source
code with a real web editor save open in word and save as dot but it still
over writes the added stuff. I tried to merge changes into existing file and
still over writes. Is there any way to control what word does in the source
code? Meda tags added scripts and so forth.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi doggie

Big-dog1965 wrote:
Before hand I know word stinks for creating web pages, but the situation
calls for it.
I have been trying to find out where I could set the default coding for a
word webpage. I thought I would get tricky and put the stuff in the source
code with a real web editor save open in word and save as dot but it still
over writes the added stuff. I tried to merge changes into existing file and
still over writes. Is there any way to control what word does in the source
code? Meda tags added scripts and so forth.

you could try it the other way round: take the end result (Word's HTML)
and post process it in a code-oriented HTML editor.

Word is pretty much OK these days as an HTML editor €“ that is, if you do
_not_ care about the code.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big-dog1965 Big-dog1965 is offline

the page will get replace once in a while using word. the problem is it over
writes all the modification made by using front page. I could live with the
word code but I need my added code in there as well

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi doggie

Big-dog1965 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Big-dog1965 wrote:
the page will get replace once in a while using word. the problem is it over
writes all the modification made by using front page. I could live with the
word code but I need my added code in there as well

then you have to automate the post-processing.

You might be able to do it in Word itself, but for that, you need to
find a way to open up HTML in Word as a text file. [Renaming the file to
*.txt might or might not get you there.]

OTOH, then you're dealing with raw HTML code, and if you wanted that ...

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS