Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alicia Alicia is offline

Default Watermarks

Help! I have a document that appears to have a watermark....yet, when I go
through the process to remove it, nothing happens. Any ideas? could it be
something other than a watermark? Thanks so much
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

It could just be grey text on the header page.

"alicia" wrote:

Help! I have a document that appears to have a watermark....yet, when I go
through the process to remove it, nothing happens. Any ideas? could it be
something other than a watermark? Thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judith W Judith W is offline

Go to View -- Header and Footer

While in this view you should be able to click on/select the watermark.
When selected, it will appear the same as a selected picture. (For some
reason, Word converts watermarks to word art...no idea why)

Delete it.

The watermark is now gone.

Note that if the watermark appears in multiple sections, you will have to
repeat the select & delete process for each section.

"alicia" wrote:

Help! I have a document that appears to have a watermark....yet, when I go
through the process to remove it, nothing happens. Any ideas? could it be
something other than a watermark? Thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alicia Alicia is offline

Wow..........that is the craziest thing. I had no idea! BUT....it works.
Thanks so much. I spent an hour on this prior to asking!

"alicia" wrote:

Help! I have a document that appears to have a watermark....yet, when I go
through the process to remove it, nothing happens. Any ideas? could it be
something other than a watermark? Thanks so much

Watermarks??? Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 3 March 3rd 06 05:34 AM
Watermarks Craig Microsoft Word Help 1 December 27th 05 05:02 PM
Watermarks aeamari Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 03:21 PM
Watermarks aeamari Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 03:22 AM
Watermarks do not print all letters when using text watermarks Glenn Turner Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 04 12:25 AM