Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
helen.s helen.s is offline

Default XL charts in word

I have created a word document which includes charts linked to an excel file.
Can I now save it without the links in order to send it to someone else, but
so that the charts retain thier values?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Helen,

Simply select the chart and press Ctrl-Shift-F9 to break the link. A potential problem with this is that you'll need to save the
unlinked copy to a separate file, otherwise you won't be able to update the link later on. An alternative might be to lock the link
to prevent it updating, via Ctrl-F11. You then have the option of unlocking it later on for updating, via Ctrl-Shift-F11.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"helen.s" wrote in message ...
I have created a word document which includes charts linked to an excel file.
Can I now save it without the links in order to send it to someone else, but
so that the charts retain thier values?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
helen.s helen.s is offline

This is great! Thank you.

However, the document will have lots of charts with links and it would take
a long time to F9 every chart individually. Is there a way to select all and
apply the same thing, or can I save the document as something else which
would get rid of the link?

Many thanks

Helen

"helen.s" wrote in message ...
I have created a word document which includes charts linked to an excel file.
Can I now save it without the links in order to send it to someone else, but
so that the charts retain thier values?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Helen,

If you use Ctrl-A to select the whole document, then press F9, that should update all the links in one go.

Once you've updated the links, Ctrl-A followed by Ctrl-Shift-F9 breaks all the links in the document - including the TOC and any
cross-references you might have. If that's too much, you could try selecting portions of your document that only have links to the
tables, then use Ctrl-Shift-F9 breaks all the links in just those portions. Just be careful not to save over the version with all
the links or you'll have to recreate them from scratch.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

Word Charts Mickey Microsoft Word Help 1 May 23rd 07 11:45 PM
Excell Charts to Word Pete Rothery Microsoft Word Help 1 November 22nd 06 07:33 PM
Question about Charts in word AS Microsoft Word Help 2 May 22nd 06 04:55 PM
Word Organizational Charts Christine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 10th 04 11:01 PM
charts graphs in word krystalkay06 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 04 07:50 PM