Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L. F. L. F. is offline

Default How do I remove column lines from scanned material.

How do I remove column lines from scanned printed material?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need either a graphics editor or OCR software.

L. F. wrote:
How do I remove column lines from scanned printed material?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

"Scanned printed material" is in all probability an object - a picture of
the scanned page. It cannot be edited in a word processing program.

There are a few 'workarounds' - such as covering the line with a filled,
borderless rectangle or line created with Word's drawing tools - but to
actually remove it you'll need to open the image file in a graphics editing
program. Once you edit it there you can save the changes then insert the
finished image into your doc instead of the original.

Alternatively you can scan it again using an Optical Character Recognition
(OCR) scanning program if you have one available. That will give you an
editable text file, sans lines or other graphic elements - but will also
have to be thoroughly checked for erroneous characters - no OCR software is
flawless, at least not on every scan:-)

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/31/07 8:51 AM, in article
, "L. F." L. F.
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

How do I remove column lines from scanned printed material?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

CyberTaz wrote in
:

[...]

I agree with Taz here.
If you have column lines?
You have an image scanned as opposed to OCR text which is what your
looking for.
Use the OCR software that came with your scanner.