Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
meshyrain meshyrain is offline

Default When I copy & paste into word text is automatically numbered.

Hi people - when I copy and paste something from the internet into word each
separate heading is automatically numbered and I have to then select the text
and remove the numbers - how do i stop this from happenning?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Mashyrain,
Maybe copy and paste special and choose unformatted text.
Also read this page which will give you more detailed options:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)