Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Per-Anders Per-Anders is offline

Default Differences between Word 2000 and Word 2003?

Hi!

I work in a software development project where I have application which uses
Word for automatic creation of documents. The application uses a lot of
predefined Word templates and bookmarks which it uses to generate the final
documents.

Now have the computer department decided to upgrade from Office 2000 to
Office 2003. My questions is if there are any known differences between these
Word versions that might affect my application?

Many thanks!

Regards, Per-Anders.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Hard to say without seeing your code. There are some changes and some
differences with the way mail merge works, but the file format is
essentially the same. It might be a plan to install one copy and see how it
affects your application.

Per-Anders wrote:
Hi!

I work in a software development project where I have application
which uses Word for automatic creation of documents. The application
uses a lot of predefined Word templates and bookmarks which it uses
to generate the final documents.

Now have the computer department decided to upgrade from Office 2000
to Office 2003. My questions is if there are any known differences
between these Word versions that might affect my application?

Many thanks!

Regards, Per-Anders.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Per-Anders Per-Anders is offline

Hi Graham!

Some tests are planned on the both environments but there is quite many
documents. ;-) I just wanted to check if there were any known differences
concerning bookmarks and stuff...

Regards, Per-Anders.

Per-Anders wrote:
Hi!

I work in a software development project where I have application
which uses Word for automatic creation of documents. The application
uses a lot of predefined Word templates and bookmarks which it uses
to generate the final documents.

Now have the computer department decided to upgrade from Office 2000
to Office 2003. My questions is if there are any known differences
between these Word versions that might affect my application?

Many thanks!

Regards, Per-Anders.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Bookmarks no - but stuff ......?

The way custom labels are handled is different as is the default method of
connection to data. There are also some minor differences in vba code, but
nothing that should cause a major headache .... mail merge aside.

Per-Anders wrote:
Hi!

I work in a software development project where I have application
which uses Word for automatic creation of documents. The application
uses a lot of predefined Word templates and bookmarks which it uses
to generate the final documents.

Now have the computer department decided to upgrade from Office 2000
to Office 2003. My questions is if there are any known differences
between these Word versions that might affect my application?

Many thanks!

Regards, Per-Anders.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Per-Anders Per-Anders is offline

Thanks for your answers! I will run some tests and check if I can find any
problem areas...

Regards, Per-Anders.