Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flameagain flameagain is offline

Default modifiy button in toolbar

Is there a way to change the graphics of the button itself? In the prior
version of word I had several macros on the toolbar with my own customized
graphics which helped me to remember what they did. I usually some type of
abbreviation. Can't find a way to design my own button in vista.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 2007 only allows changing buttons on the Quick Access Toolbar buttons for macros, but the choice is limited to the letters A
thru Z or one of the 216 icons listed if, after you copy the Macro to the Quick Access Toolbar in Word Options=Customize (Alt, F,
I, C) you click the 'Modify' button while still in that dialog.

If you have a template from a prior version that holds a custom toolbar (not a modified built in toolbar) and there were custom
buttons on those buttons, the toolbar should appear in the 'Add-Ins' tab when you use that template with the buttons intact.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP