Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do I run setup from maintenance mode?

Bladenjoe wrote:
Since I installed Office I get a message stating that no office
assistant icon has been installed and that I should run set-up from
the maintanence mode to fix the issue.
Just how does one do this?

Inside any Office program, click Help Detect and Repair.

This does the same thing as going to Start Control Panel Add/Remove
Programs, selecting the Office item, clicking the Change button, and
choosing to repair the installation.

Also read the thread
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...762 cdede9351
for comic relief.