Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aravis Aravis is offline

Default Paragraph Styles for Pictures not Retained

Hello, I am using Microsoft Word 2007. I am working on a large
document with many embedded screenshots from an application. They are
stored as .png files. Since some of the images have a lot of white
space, we wanted to add borders to the images in Word. I used the
paragraph style for picture to add borders and it applied to all the
images. I made sure the style was set to be applied only to this
document. I then saved the document. When I re-open the document,
the styles are retained for images, but the borders are gone. Each
image shows that it has the Picture style, but the modifications to
the style are not appearing.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sounds as though the "Automatically update document styles" setting in the
Template and Add-Ins dialog has been checked. In 2007 I believe this is under
the Developer tab. Checking this option refeshes the styles back to the
template upon opening the document.
These names/terms are for 2003 and could have been changed for 2007.
Hope this points you in the right direction.
DeanH