Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gauger Gauger is offline

Default cannot see image [picture] posted to word, only frame

When inserting a photo file [JPG] in a new word document only the frame
appears. However, word document will print showing photo there! Picture icon
ticked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gauger Gauger is offline

Suzanne

Many thanks - problem resolved

Gauger

"Gauger" wrote in message
When inserting a photo file [JPG] in a new word document only the frame
appears. However, word document will print showing photo there! Picture

icon
ticked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dahoov2@cox.net is offline

I am having this problem. I had photoshopped some images yesterday and
inserted into MS Word (2003) and had no problems. I didn't go into options
etc and change anything and nobody used my PC.

Today I am getting blank images. I read this and went in and there is no
check under Tools Options View (tab) under the "Picture Placeholders". In
addition, there is a check under drawings. I rebooted the PC just in case
and still, I have blank images. Now what can I do?

"Gauger" wrote in message
When inserting a photo file [JPG] in a new word document only the frame
appears. However, word document will print showing photo there! Picture

icon
ticked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dahoov2@cox.net is offline

Here's some additional information. Some other odd things are happening now.
I compared my options under Tools Options View (tab) with those on my
Husband's PC. We had the same options checked. The only difference was that
on mine, "Whitespace between Pages" was greyed out (can uncheck) and his was
not.

I was playing around and filled in the background (under format;
background). Anyway, the photos inserted, then when gradually blank! First,
part of the photo disappeared as I tried to scroll down and then the rest
went blank.

What can this be? Please help; I use inserting photos frequently for a
hobby I do. Thanks.

"Gauger" wrote in message
When inserting a photo file [JPG] in a new word document only the frame
appears. However, word document will print showing photo there! Picture

icon
ticked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The disappearing image suggests an inadquate Windows display driver. Update
the driver and/or reduce its hardware acceleration.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the View tab of Tools | Options, make sure you don't have
"Picture placeholders" checked.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.